Statement of Purpose
To create a positive, loving atmosphere for young and old alike of various abilities to train in dance and develop a deeper appreciation for the performing arts.
To teach people about good health physically, mentally and spiritually.
To transfer our own love for movement and beauty to other people with creative abilities.
To make affordable quality classes available for all students with a passion to learn.
To give opportunities for students in the performing arts to display their talents and bless our community locally and abroad.
- Family-friendly values and good morals.
- Tasteful, wholesome, age appropriate music, choreography, and costume attire.
- Safe, loving, and caring environment.
- Fun – if you’re not enjoying yourself what’s the point?
- Individual attention emphasized.
- Friendly and personalable approach.
- Disciplined proper technique and terminology without overly intense competitiveness.
- Excellence – always doing the best we can.
- Controlled behavior and discipline.
- Performing arts, creativity, and freedom of expression through dance.
- Professional performances – you’ve got to see!
- Personal, friendly, family home business – on call for your excellent customer service.
- "No charge for integrity."
- Home-schoolers, private, & public education.
- "Parent (not child) in charge" parenting style & philosophy.
- God, our Creator first & foremost, who gave us the "gift" of dance to glorify Him (we primarily perform for an "audience of One").
The mission of Reflections School of Dance is to serve the community with unparalleled quality in creativity and dance technique that expresses truth and influences our culture.
This is accomplished by:
1. Offering a well balanced schedule of ongoing, high quality, technique classes.
- Technique classes provide the discipline and foundational structure upon which beautiful dancers and choreographers are built.
- Technique classes encourage healthy esteem in young dancers.
- Technique classes improve the strength and fitness level of the body.
2. Providing esteem building performance opportunities.
- Performance Teams
- Annual Spring Benefit Concert
- Annual Spring Recital
- Seasonal in-house and community wide performances
- Community & Outreach Performances
3. Offering workshops to help expand a dancers’ creativity and encourage her/his God given gifts.
4. Carefully choosing and creating costumes, music, and choreography that reflect our values.
5. Training dancers from the inside out. We attempt to push our dancers beyond technical excellence inside the classroom/studio, to value what God values and influence the larger world around them when class time is over.
And how did it all start?
Generally speaking, most people that come to Reflections from another studio will find us a little more conservative with our costumes, music, and choreography. Some come to us disappointed with what other dance studio recitals were like and now they love ours.
We didn’t set out to be different than other studios, but rather just be who we are. We have a strong value for family and so we decided to start Reflections as a home business where Debbie could be near the family and work out of “our home.” At times there have been challenges, but it’s definitely been worth it.
We have a value for excellence in what we do as well as having a purpose. We feel an appreciation for our art as it is an excellent vehicle for creative expression, communication, and sometimes an even deeper message will come across in our instruction and performances. Above all we should always enjoy what we do for with that comes the satisfaction and pleasure of something beyond ourselves that we couldn’t have done in our own strength.
Debbie taught at a studio in Ohio that was very strong and participated in many competitions. She thought that was great for some people but that competition would not be our studio’s emphasis. We do work hard at putting on many performances every year that benefit not only the performers but the many audiences as well.
Over the last several years we’ve been working hard at developing our dance teams and dance company that perform at many different venues throughout the year, with the goal of someday being able to go on performing tours even in other countries.
Of course our biggest performance is our end of the year Dance Recital. We put a lot of time and energy into this and many people have told us how rewarding it is. We usually hold this the 3rd weekend of June in a Performing Arts Center with over 35 Volunteers and workers as well as over 1000 people attending.
We usually do a mixture of December Holiday free Performances in house for the smaller ones and at a Mall or Seattle Center House for the older ones. Over the years we’ve done many Performances at 3 different local Senior Nursing Homes, Everett Mall, Alderwood Mall, Auburn Super Mall, Seattle Center House, Churches, Schools, Festivals, Warm Beach Lights of Christmas and Freedom Fest in Snohomish.
REFLECTIONS PRESS RELEASE - News About us
Click here for 30 sec. video / radio commercial.